Friday, January 29, 2010

Shanghai Garden Tea Party

Since this is my first attempt at the "blogging world", I am trying to play catch up and wanted to share a few parties that I've designed in the past. One of my favorites is this Asian-inspired tea party I created for my daugther, Brianna's 5th birthday celebration. Inspired by the beautiful cherry blossom gardens found in the Orient, I used different shades of pink linens and incorporated various paper lanterns and paper parasol umbrellas to create the perfect setting!

Guest tables were set underneath a tented canopy in our backyard. We were blessed with the most perfect weather!

The bamboo trees in our backyard worked out as a perfect photo backdrop! Here's a photo of my beautiful little birthday girl!

The cherry blossom tea set complimented the table setting perfectly! Check out the the napkin holder...it's in a shape of a traditional Chinese dress, so darn cute! (Tea set purchased at Wing Hop Fung, located in Chinatown, Los Angeles and the napkin holder was purchased at CostPlus World Market)

An assortment of paper lanterns and paper parasol umbrellas hung beautifully from above. I ordered these items online from: http://asianideas.com/index.html

The gorgeous cherry blossom birthday cake (designed by me and brought so beautifully to life by Tasty Bakery of San Diego)

A simple, yet elegant centerpiece! (Potted orchid from Trader Joe's, wooden basket from Pier 1 Imports and decorative Asian fan I picked up in Chinatown)

Seating fit for an empress! (Large asian fan purchased at Wing Hop Fung and decorative pillows were purchased at Marshall's)

As each guest arrived, they were greeted with an assortment of gorgeous Chinese dresses to choose from and were each presented with a paper parasol umbrella by the birthday girl!

The sweets table which featured delicious chocolate dipped fortune cookies!

Birthday Girl & Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment